CANDIDATE & SPONSOR NIGHTS
check out the links below for more information on your role as a Confirmation Sponsor.
What do I do as a sponsor?
Why we're confirmed?
What Happens at Confirmation?
There are many misconceptions what Confirmation is.... and what it's not. Check out these common myths below!
- Myth: Confirmation is “choosing to be Catholic.”
- Myth: Confirmation is “graduation from Religious Education.”
- Myth: Confirmation is “accepting for oneself what one’s parents began at Baptism.”
- Myth: Confirmation is “becoming an adult in the Church.”
- Myth: Confirmation is required to get married in the Church.
- Myth: Confirmation is to make parents/grandparents happy.
- Myth: Receiving confirmation is my right as a Catholic.
- Myth: A Confirmation Sponsor must be a relative/godparent.